Friday, July 09, 2010

Whose Strength?

Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:11


When we do things in our own strength, we are glorified. Sure, it feels good to accomplish something and to know that we have done it, but that is the only reward.

There is something, however, about coming to that point when our strength is gone. To have to rely on God's strength in order to serve and to let HIm have the glory.

I could write much more but I think the words to this Steven Curtis Chapman song "His Strength is Perfect" sum it up better than I could:

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength,
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me;
No great success to show, No glory on my own,
Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know . . .

CHORUS

We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes;
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end.
He hears our humble cry and proves again . . .

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone;
He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect.



If you'd rather watch it ....

1 comment:

vicsens said...

Thank you, Claudia. My 35 yr old daughter was recently diagnosed with a rare (for her age) cancer. We are in the first stages of this knowledge, and this song really struck a chord this morning. So many unknowns..fears, etc., but our Saviour does indeed carry us when we are weak.
Vicki