Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Same Theme

Psalm 119:121-128
2 Samuel 22:1-25; John 11:1-16
All Saint's Day -- Isaiah 25:6-9; Psalm 24
Revelation 21:1-6a; John 11:32-44

He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

Take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench
all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16

Dear King of Glory, we put our faith in you. You have protected
your earthly servants throughout the ages and we thank you.
Please continue to watch over us as we prepare for the new
heaven and earth that you have promised us through our
salvation. Amen.

Yesterday the scriptures were about the same topic, but from different passages in Scripture and I wrote about God being both a shield and a refuge. In my main blog this morning, before reading these scriptures and without remembering about my devotional thoughts yesterday, I blogged about Flight or Fright. And then I read the passages above.

It was like God was reminding me that in either mode, whether I am tempted to run away and hide from the world, or if I prepare to fight against it, God's my main tool. He can be my refuge -- my place to hide -- or my sheild as I tackle the problems head on and begin to fight.

God, help me to remember that when the troubles come that I can either rest in you to escape them or regroup or I can use You as my sheild in battle. Amen.

No comments: