Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hope

Psalm 137
1 Kings 20:22-21:16; John 19:25-37

Israel is saved by the Lord with everlasting salvation; you shall not be put to shame or confounded to all eternity. Isaiah
45:17

By faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. Galatians 5:5 (NIV)

To You, our Salvation, we can but hope, when you decide the time, that you will find us "Not guilty." Give us peace until
that time comes, and may we live in eternity with you and our Savior, Christ Jesus. Amen.

I created an Icon for my instant messenger that says HOPE. I believe that hope is often the only thing that can keep us going. In Romans it tells us this,

Romans chapter 5 tell us: And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I memorized these verses years ago, never know what my life would be like now. Though I realize that there are millions who suffer more than I, some days I feel like I am suffering. But I can be confident that the chain of events will occur: suffering leading to perseverence leading to character, which brings us to hope.

I think this video which my friend Cindy linked to in this post really demonstrates that hope is a must.

No comments: