Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fully Known

Psalm 119:73-80
2 Samuel 15:30-16:23; John 9:13-34

Show me your glory, I pray. Exodus 33:18

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I
have been fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

God, show us your glory. Help us to know you more fully and to become more and more like you. Help us to find our greatest
satisfaction in you. How great you are! Amen.


Right now we just don't get it. We can't see things clearly. We don't have the big picture, so we really can't come to decent conclusions. We see our small slice of life and figure that is it, and we draw our conclusions based on that limited perspective. We are bound by time, space, and limited intelligence and so we often are fooled into believing things that simply are not true.

But Paul reminds us that there is going to be a day when we "get it." There will be a day when we understand things the way that God is -- with an eternal perspective, knowing the end from the beginning, and with perfect knowledge. And then it is all going to make sense.

In addiition we read that not only will we know fully, but that right now we are fully known. God knows everything there is to know about me, even stuff I don't know or realize, and yet God loves me and never gives up on me.

Comforting thoughts for the day: God knows everything about me and loves me anyway AND someday I'm going to understand all of it -- the pieces will all fit together and then as a fact, instead of as a statement of faith, I will be able to say, "God is Good -- All the Time, All the Time, God is Good."

No comments: