Monday, February 18, 2008

I Will Go WIth You

"I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again.
Genesis 47:3-4


Life is a long journey made up a series of journeys, smaller side trips so to speak. There are times when these trips lead us down familiar roads that we have travelled before. But occasionally there are paths that are unfamiliar, scary even. Sometimes these are roads that God asks us to go down, and other times we find ourselves on paths of our own choosing, that require us to return to the main road.

But regardless of how we find ourselves on a side-road of life, there are the comforting words "I will go with you, and I will surely bring you back again." These words that God spoke to Jacob are true for me, for all of us, today.

These words bring great comfort to me at this point in my life. Wherever I find myself, God is with me, and He will bring me back again, safely, to a good place for me.

Are you down a scary road, walking on an unfamiliar path? God will go with you, and He will surely bring you back.

No comments: