Friday, March 16, 2007

Erring in Spirit and Grumbling

Psalm 37:1-6 Nehemiah 6:15-7:73a; Romans 4:13-25

Those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction. Isaiah 29:24

You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses. Acts 1:8

O Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on us. Equip us to live and express the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ. May others sense that your Spirit indeed dwells in us, guiding people to the Savior. It is by your Spirit that we gain power and humility. Amen.


Wow, what a promise. "Those who err in spirit will come to understanding and those who grumble will accept instruction." I sincerely hope that the prophet was referring my children. Or even me for that matter.

Me, err in spirit? OK, I confess. I don't always have proper motivation. I don't always do things with a pure heart. I don't always feel like doing what I do.

And grumbling? I do it way too often. I find myself whining about many things..... Apparently all of us do, necesitating the concept of a complaint free world.

And teenagers? Errors in spirit and grumbling are their modus operandi.

But there is a promise that we will all come to understanding and we will all accept understanding. Thanks for a great promise.

No comments: